By: Dawn Cutillo
Do you experience acne, oily skin, weak nails, or other cosmetic issues? Have you tried cosmetic products or asked your doctor for a remedy and nothing works? These cosmetic symptoms may be caused by a hormone imbalance!
Below are some examples of skin, hair, and body conditions that can be related to hormone imbalances:
- Melasma (dark areas on face)
- Oily skin
- Thinning skin
- Thinning hair or hair loss
- Excess face/body hair
- Weak, brittle nails
- Stubborn belly fat and weight
These conditions are all connected to one simple hormone imbalance –high cortisol (stress hormone), which then causes lower progesterone, eventually lowering our estrogen over time. This scenario can cause issues with your mood and sleep can cause more PMS or menopausal symptoms.
- High cortisol can cause thinning, saggy, lackluster skin, weak and brittle nails, and contribute to thinning hair.
- Low progesterone in relation to your estrogen can cause stubborn weight gain (in particular in the stomach area) bloating, and melasma.
- Low estrogen in relation to your testosterone can cause thinning hair, excess body and facial hair, and acne.
Naturally balance your hormones:
- Increase your progesterone by applying a natural cream daily on your inner arms. Make sure it says to use on thin-skinned areas and is transdermal so it can be absorbed.
- Support the stress response of the body with herbs, such as ginseng or maca root. These will balance cortisol and allow a balancing of hormones.
- Practice “sound-wave” therapy 20 minutes per day. I prefer to use a relaxation CD to help lower my cortisol because it feels like I took a 2-hour nap!
- Decrease the amount of stimulants you may normally consume, such as caffeine, alcohol, sugar, and starch. This will help you balance your blood sugar and lower your cortisol. I recommend slowly weaning off these stimulants, and you will begin to feel better and have more energy.
You deserve to look and feel your best! Let your hormones work to your advantage, not detract from your inner beauty. Balancing your hormones can help your skin, hair, and figure be the best they can be! To see if you have a hormone imbalance, take our free hormone assessment survey. At BeBalanced, our healthy weight loss program has helped over 5,000 women reach their goals by balancing hormones and helping affect wellness in all areas of life! You could be next. Don’t lose hope, find BeBalanced!
For more information on any of the topics mentioned here, you can contact yourlocal BeBalanced Center, or email us at email@example.com. You can also take our free hormone assessment to start your journey to getting back to your best self! Be Slimmer, Be Happier, Be Energized, BeBalanced!
Dawn Cutillo is the author of “The Hormone Shift: Using Natural Hormone Balancing for Your…Mood, Weight, Sleep & Female Health” and has been in the health field for over 25 years. She is also the founder and hormone health consultant of BeBalanced Hormone Weight Loss Centers and is degreed and certified in health and nutrition. In addition to overseeing the operation of the BeBalanced flagship center in Lancaster, PA, Dawn owns Infinity Health LLC, a national consulting company that advises healthcare practitioners on how to aid patients in balancing their hormones for weight, mood, sleep, and health issues.